Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lost: Summer. If Found Please Return ASAP.

Maybe it is me. (Really, it’s OK to agree. I won’t be offended.) Traffic to work is already starting to return to fall-like volume, Halloween candy is on display and weather is cold and rainy. Perhaps if I were meeting up with McDreamy I wouldn’t mind. Delusional but humor me. I want more time to enjoy deck weather. Instead of jumping from one weather extreme to the other. Ironically, my friends with kids couldn’t wait for school to start are now complaining about having to help with homework. Note: I am very grateful I don’t have to help with homework but can just contribute cool school supplies.


This leaves me wondering where did summer go? I had all these grand plans and in reality have only accomplished about ½ of my list. I.e. book stuff, house sprucing: aka touch up paint and finish organizing, host BBQs, etc. Maybe there is still time since Fall officially doesn’t start until Sept. 22. I better get cracking. Hope you all enjoying your summer. What is left on your summer to do list?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Yolanda!
    Love the new blog. I just did a similar post about the end of summer. Seems we always have such grand plans of all we'd like to accomplish but never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still holding tight to it. Despite the gloomy autumnal weather.

    (I actually kind of like autumn. Until DST ends. Then I start getting depressed thinking how dark it is at 4 o'clock.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Fall ... tailgating, leaves falling, temperatures where I won't melt or freeze. I feel somehow I missed those nice crip temps. I say the same about Spring. DST ending is so sad. I try not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world!

    Summer flew by this year and I only got one thing checked off my to-do list -- spend time with my five year old before she starts full time kindergarten! We spent every free day in the pool while the house deteriorated around me. I figure I'll have lots of time to do all the needed house stuff once we're stuck inside with the cold weather. Until then, I plan on enjoying every last ounce of sunshine we get this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome to blogging :)looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yolanda, Another blog to follow when I go down the list of the ones I do. Enjoy. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yo! Have a concert to go to on Saturday. More nieces up on Monday and just enjoy the rest of the summer and make new goals on September 6

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Yo, so glad to see you blogging! I am a fanatic when it comes to summer and I am still in denial, even though I saw a big Frankenstein today in the card store and almost hyperventilated. I did nothing with the house either - it's trashed. BUT, I had the best summer ever. Lots of vacations, lots of writing, lots of parties. Like Heather, Jake is going in to the big K and I am dreading it so still clinging to the last few days before Labor Day weekend...

    ReplyDelete